Below are list of person category who are required to get themselves registered under GST regime.
Sec 22 (1) :Every Person Liable to registration if turnover exceed rupees 20,00,000, if person makes taxable supplies to special states then liable to registered if turnover exceed 10,00,000.
22(2) every person who, on the day of immediately before appointment day is registered or holds a license under an existing law, shall be liable to be registered under CGST.
Registration not mandatory for supplier of exempted good/service or where not liable to tax,
Registration not mandatory for agriculturist for product of cultivation of land.
As per Sec.24: not withstanding with S.22(1), following Person category need compulsory registration.
- Inter-state taxable supply
- Casual taxable person making taxable supply
- Liability under Reverse charge
- Non-resident making taxable supply
- Person require to deduct tax u/s51
- Person making taxable supply of goods or service on behalf of other taxable person either as agent or otherwise.
- Input service distributor
- Who supplies good or services or both, other than supplies specified u/s 9(5),through electronic commerce operator who is required to collect tax u/s 52.
- Every electronic commerce operator
- Person supplying online information and data base access or retrieval service from a place outside India to person in India, other than registered person.
- Such other person as may be notified by government.
Above are the GST registration criteria for Central GST LAw.